Thursday, May 19, 2011

Books

3/27/11
After learning that we were having a baby my thought was have I been healthy. Some women say I just knew I was pregnant. I did not my only clue was my missed period. So after taking the pregnancy test we took a trip to Powell's Books. I stocked up on books: Childbearing Years, Your Pregnancy Week by Week, The Complete Organic Pregnancy, and The Natural Pregnancy Book. Three of the four books were based are natural birthing. I strongly believe in natural birthing and pregnancy. To me it just makes sense. Women have been having babies since the beginning. Our bodies are made for it. And I feel its best for the mother and baby. So I have been absorbing as much information about it as possible.

Some cool information I learned:
The Childbearing Years is full of natural remedies to support pregnancy. I really believe in using old techniques that have been used for 100s of year. Dandelion leaves are great for preventing Pre-eclampsia amongst other things. They support liver health and are full of vitamin A,C, B (1&2),calcium, potassium, iron, trace minerals. And you can find dandelion leaves almost anywhere, just look in your yard.

1 comment: