Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Naming is hard!

Grahm and I have always thrown around names we like for our future children. Its not very often that we both agree on a name OR either of us feel strong about a name, so needless to say I have been feeling the pressure. Grahm's take I realized was "we'll figure it out when the kid comes". Mine on the other hand is of more urgency. We both agree we need something unique and classic.

Today when I got to work my mom had sent me a list of family names. They are as follows:

Girl Names                 Boy Names

Ruby  
Susannah                      John
Mary
Robert
Alice
Catherine
Polly
Elizabeth
Emeline
James
Julia
Loretta
William
Anna
Thankful
Experience
Samuel
Nemesie
Ruth
Marie-Madeleine
Rosa
Margrietje
Daniel
Thomas
Pierre
Alma
Alvine
Caroline
Flora
Joseph
Laura
Lillian
Nere
Philomene
Rose
Stella
Meredith
Mary Evelena
Ava
Larkin
Mary Beverley
Marie
John Peckett
Emmet
Lydia
Lottie Lois
Mehitable
Nettie
Peletiah
Phoebe
Robert
Ward Sullivan
Ernest
Lydia
Martha
Betty
Armstrong
Julia Hannah
Marie-Pamela
Louisa
Reuben
Polly
Iva
Daisy
Magdalena
Lucas
Minnie
Zella
Andries
Blandina – yikes
Maritjje
Leota Pearl
Medora
Eugene
George Jessie
Irene
Jacob Wyant
Jesse Leroy
Mary Helen
Merle
Grady
Earle
Lloyd
Nadine
Nell
Mercy
Bridget
Damaris
Helen Dale
Lottie
Angelique
Marguerite
Sterling
Betty Marie
Madeleine Grace
Sean Lee
Anna
Owen
Grace
Helena
Miriam
Marie-Judith
Ida
Zettie
Flor
Clara Lovina
Nina Marie
Genevieve
Celia
Bessie Wilma
Anthony
Estella
Austin
Ashford
Dolly
Elvira
Hattie Alice
Mary Alice
Marshall
Richard Parker
Mary Marjean
Estelle
Olive
Ransford
Leo
Philip
Patrick
Lena
Stella


2 comments:

  1. So many beautiful and character-evoking names to choose from! I am sure you will choose something excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte! When will you tell everyone which category is relevant? Boy or girl?
    Also, I have to say that I didn't realize my list of names would show up here-- I was just making a list of names from our family, not names I was suggesting. Experience? Blandina? Really?
    -alison

    ReplyDelete