Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Telling of the parents

4.20.11
Week 7-9 was very exhausting. I am constantly tired. I come home from work and crash. On top of that I got a head cold which makes everything even more miserable. Food sounds gross until I start to eat it so the fact that now I can't taste isn't helping. As I was starting to feel better Grahm's parents returned from a 2 month trip to New Zealand and Australia. Due to all the possibilities of early pregnancy I wanted to wait to tell our parents because I knew they would all be beyond ecstatic (it will be both's first grandchild). But Grahm really wanted to tell his as soon as they returned.

I finally gave in as long as he made sure I was there when he told. The plan was to take them out to eat after he picked them up from the airport and we would tell then. We found an empty Thai restaurant across from my office, I took a short break to meet them. Because he was so admit about telling I was going to let him say the words... But they never came. Trust me I know how hard it is to make them come out, especially when you know how big a deal it is to the person.

So we feel back to plan #2. This plan entailed a card with the word written inside. I made a cute birthday card for Barb -- The Front: Happy Birthday. We thought long and hard about the ideal gift for you and we think we found it. Inside: We're having a baby! Simple enough. So while sitting around our house that night I gave her the late birthday gift (they were on their trip during her birthday). She screamed... for a really long time. It was funny and I was kinda glad that we didn't do it in a public place. We looked at each other, and both said we should have video taped that. By far the funniest reaction.

1 comment: